I love to shop...not necessarily buy things but just browse. The convenience of shopping is definitely one thing I love about NYC and if I bought something every time I went shopping I would be buried in debt. I literally go in my favorite stores atleast once a week...rather it be on my stroll home from work, after brunch on Saturday, etc. and if I am not physically shopping. I am online shopping! Sad but true....I like to think it's okay because I am supposed to know what is happening in stores...it's my job. Well...it's almost that time again! The time where I can eat a huge piece of Carnegie Deli cheescake and not feel guilty about it and the time where I can buy myself a little happy. My birthday is August 21 and I have quite the wishlist......

1) A denim vest- I have so many outfits in mind that revolve all around this little item. I have found two I really like. The first is a bit more structured from J.Crew and the second caught my eye in the Lucky window on the way home yesterday.






2) Roberts Revival Radio- The neatest thing ever...who could possibly not fall in love with a navy blue, leather, 50's-style radio? It even has a handle!! I just need to do a little more research and see if my faithful iPhone will plug into it.


3) Shoes- I am almost positive my birthday happy to myself will be a pair of shoes. You can never have too many shoes in your closet. My latest obsessions are Oxfords and clogs. Do you go for the more traditional clog or the sandal clog? I tried both of them on in Free People yesterday and still can't decide. I also love the basic brown Oxford. They would be perfect with some pointelle ankle socks and little girly frock.

4) The WoollyPocket- This is exactly what I want in my apartment. Daily Candy featured the Woolly Pocket in their e-mail the other day and I have been thinking about it ever since. It's the next best thing to a flower bed I can get!

5) Nail Polish- After 22 years I finally quit biting my nails!!! For those that know me well, y'all would be so proud. Now that the skanky acrylics are gone and I am au natural..I love me some fingernail polish!! I am not sure what color to go for next but I have my eye on these three:
1- Factory Grey by American Apparel 2- Midnight Cami by Essie 3-Mandarin at Duane Reade

....and that pretty much sums it up. The truth of it all: I "NEED" nothing listed above. I would be perfectly content with a great weekend and beautiful weather when my sweet Momma comes to visit me for my birthday... but who doesn't like to wish every now-and-then?

I am off to wash some dishes and cash out...so happy tomorrow is Friday!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
No, I am not married, don't have a child, or a dog for that matter...or anything else that necessitates a reason to blog. However, I have left my loving family and very close friends somewhere below the Mason Dixon line to follow my dreams in the big city!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.