Whoever said birthday's post 21 were no fun lied. I have had the best, never-ending 23rd birthday celebration! It all started Friday morning when I got to work. I was already in a great mood because 1) it was Friday and 2) Mom was coming to visit! Then I get to work and do the usual morning ritual, have some yogurt, do the crossword puzzle, and check my e-mails. Well, my sweet Dad sent me an e-mail birthday wish that was so sweet and special that it brought tears to my eyes.Then I turned around to my friends at work bringing me a bouquet of white roses! The work day wasn’t so bad and I could hardly wait to get off because Bailey wasn’t telling me where I could pick up my birthday happy until right before I could go pick it up. So when I got off work I rushed home and went to the surprise location and picked up my Edible Arrangement! It was really good and the fruit was fresh just in case you were wandering! Once I got home Mom told me to look in the fridge and low-and-behold she had brought me a Sugaree’s red velvet cake all the way from Mississippi. She really packed it in her carry on!! Needless to say that is why my birthday celebration has yet to end. That cake and I have a love/hate relationship. It takes everything I have to not have a piece for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! If you have never had a Sugaree’s cake you are missing out. The rest of the evening Mom and I ran some errands and had dinner at Joseph Leonard.


Then came Saturday, my actual birthday! It was a perfect day…the sun was shining, mom and I walked the high line, and then I met my friends at Freeman’s for a birthday brunch. The food was amazing and the mimosas and good company were even better! The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping (surprise!). We went in some antique and vintage stores and then to my all-time favorite store, All Saints. Saturday really was the best day. Thanks to all of my friends and family for the phone calls and cards! It means a lot to know I have not been forgotten up here in the big city!


Sunday brought much needed rains to the city! But that was not holding Mom back from our trip to the grocery… and I am not complaining one bit!! I always look forward to the grocery store, especially with Mom. It used to be my favorite thing to do as a child. We would go to Winn-Dixie and I would push my mini-buggy around and then beg Mom for a pack of Fruit Stripes gum and a quarter to get a sticky hand out of the toy machine on the way out!! It makes me laugh…I still love the grocery..except now it's the gum and trashy magazines that get me! The rest of the day was spent wandering around in between the bottom falling out. My last night with Mom ended beautifully. We had a delicious Italian meal at Palma in the West Village. It was the perfect setting…Imagine a covered back patio in between several buildings, with lots of greenery and flowers, pouring rain, and homemade ribbon pasta served by extremely attractive Italian men! All Mom and I thought about at dinner was how much dad would have enjoyed it. He appreciates the small things in life and eating dinner on the back porch during a thunderstorm is a favorite.


I sent Mom on her way Monday morning, went for a run in the rain, and then made my way to work to tackle the day. It was a typical Monday-except worse because it was nasty and rainy outside. After lunch I was making some copies for Frank when he told me I had to come to a meeting in the showroom. I questioned “You want me in that meeting?” Still.. I thought nothing of it so I ran got my notebook and pen and made my way to the meeting. Just when I thought the birthday celebration was over I walked in the “meeting” to be greeted with Crumbs cupcakes!! My wonderful co-workers got me!!! They really surprised me and if you know me, you know I love surprises. So that was it, the birthday celebration is over (except for the half a cake in my kitchen) !! Thank you so much to everyone who made it special and to my mom for a perfect, relaxing weekend in the city (and the best presents ever)!!!


My roses from Robyn and Elaine
The most most beautiful, amazing Mom in the world...We missed you too Dad!!
All of my gifts from Belly!!
Birthday Brunch

Next on the list....await Josh and Theresa's arrival!! Another weekend of good company and good food! Can't wait

-Liz xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
No, I am not married, don't have a child, or a dog for that matter...or anything else that necessitates a reason to blog. However, I have left my loving family and very close friends somewhere below the Mason Dixon line to follow my dreams in the big city!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.